Pregnant and Considering Adoption?
The decision to make an adoption plan for your child takes courage and love. As you consider adoption, remember that there is no "right" and "wrong" decision, there is only the decision that is best for you and your child given where you are in your life right now. At Bright Futures we can help you understand the adoption process, consider your parenting options, and, if you choose adoption, support you in making an adoption plan that is comfortable for you. We understand that ultimately only you can decide whether adoption is right for you and your child.
At Bright Futures birth parents are encouraged to:
- participate in the adoption process,
- select the adoptive parents for their child,
- get to know and respect their child's adoptive parent(s),
- understand the roles and responsibilities of the members of an adoption triangle,
- work with the adoptive parent(s) and Bright Futures to make an adoption plan that is in the best interest of the child, and
- make adoption a healthy and secure beginning for the child