Infant Adoption Program
The Infant Adoption Program offers education, counseling and support to expectant parents, birth parents and pre-adoptive parents to assist them in making thoughtful and compassionate adoption plans for their children. We handle a full range of open adoptions and place newborns and infants born in the United States.
At Bright Futures, we believe that every adoption should:
- Focus on the best interests of the child,
- Provide birth and adoptive parents with an opportunity to get to know and respect one another,
- Provide children with access to ongoing information,
- Encourage birth and adoptive parents to participate in the creation of the adoption plan to insure that the needs of all parties are met,
- Be structured with the knowledge that adoption is a lifelong process, and
- Be handled honestly and with respect for the participants' feelings regarding openness and ongoing contact.